Marine generators, fueled by diesel or gasoline, produce electricity to power equipment or appliances on your boat or yacht. Although marine generators are specially designed to be durable and handle severe conditions, issues can occur for various reasons. Without proper maintenance and consistent checkups, marine generators can start to stall. Our marine diesel specialists in South Florida want to help you recognize the signs that your generator is on its way out.
Common Marine Generator Issues
Has your yacht generator stopped cranking or producing electricity anymore? Like any engine or marine equipment, marine generators can malfunction by stalling or not working properly. There are a few common signs that your marine generator is on its way out and needs professional MAN maintenance, including:
- Corrosion Marks or Debris in Fuel System
- Low Battery Output
- Low Oil Pressure
If Your Marine Generator Has Trouble Starting
- If your marine generator has trouble starting, first check if there is diesel fuel or gasoline in your tank. Add oil if the level is low.
- Consistently inspect for corrosion or loose connections.
- Have you checked your power flow? If your generator is stalling, look at your switch breaker. Our marine diesel repair specialists can assist in servicing your generator.
- Keep an eye on coolant levels and replace if needed.
- Listen for strange or stalling noises coming from your generator or diesel engine.
- Our MAN maintenance experts in South Florida agree that an idle generator for months can cause it to stall or not start back up. This may be due to corrosion or buildup from inactivity. Scheduling consistent maintenance appointments can improve the efficiency of your generator.
- Consult with a diesel maintenance professional to inquire about a possible generator rebuild or replacement. Not only do our authorized dealers for Kohler generators deliver premium marine parts, but they excel at marine generator rebuilds. We go above and beyond to exceed our customer’s expectations.
Schedule Your Marine Generator Maintenance
Your marine generator is an essential piece of equipment for your yacht to sail smoothly. Our authorized MAN dealer of diesel engines & OEM parts and generators knows it’s important to treat your engine with consistent care to achieve maximum efficiency.
Schedule an inspection with our marine generator maintenance and repair experts. Not only do we specialize in surveys, but in marine generator rebuilds and overhauls. At Marine Diesel Specialists and Gulf Coast Diesel Service, you can count on our team to provide exceptional parts, service, and customer support. To let our diesel specialists diagnose your marine engine’s needs, contact us today!
How to Prepare & Protect Your Boat for a Hurricane
Our Marine Diesel Specialists offer a variety of products and services to provide marine diesel solutions in Fort Lauderdale and Punta Gorda. Our authorized MAN Engine dealers can offer expert maintenance, repair, and survey services, as well as complete engine, transmission, and generator overhauls. If you are seeking top-quality marine diesel solutions, products, or services, don’t wait to contact our Marine Diesel Specialists and Gulf Coast Diesel Service.