Europe was hit hard by the coronavirus, with Italy being the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic at one point. Hundreds of thousands of cases and thousands of deaths. After the tireless work of healthcare workers, government officials, and citizens following social distancing guidelines, many of these countries are ready to reopen to international tourists.
Starting in June, there will be several countries opening for tourism in the Mediterranean. This is good news for yacht owners and charter guests who wanted to cruise the French Riviera, Greek islands, or other popular yachting spots in the Med. These are the key Europe reopening dates you should be aware of.
- June 21 – Open to tourists from the EU, United Kingdom, Switzerland, and Norway.
- July 1 – Open to visitors from outside the EU depending on their country’s public health situation.
- May 9 – Open to tourists from Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovenia, Germany and Slovakia.
- June 15 – Open to tourists from the EU and the United Kingdom.
- June 9 – Open to commercial flights from Greece, Malta, Bulgaria, Norway, Austria, Finland, Slovenia, Hungary, Israel, Denmark, Germany, Slovakia and Lithuania.
- June 20 – Open to commercial flights from Switzerland, Poland, Romania, Croatia, Estonia and the Czech Republic.
- June 15 – Open to travelers from the EU and Schengen travel zone countries.
- July 1 – Open to tourists from outside the EU.
- June 15 – Open to international flights into Athens and Thessaloniki.
- July 1 – Open to international flights into all airports in the country.
- June 3 – Open to tourists from the EU, Schengen travel zone countries, United Kingdom, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, and Vatican City.
- July 1 – Open to travelers from Germany, Austria, Sicily, Cyprus, Switzerland, Sardinia, Iceland, Slovakia, Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Finland, Ireland, Lithuania, Israel, Latvia, Estonia, Luxembourg, Czech Republic. Also open to Italy (except for the Emilia Romagna, Lombardy and Piemonte regions), Spain (except for Madrid, Catalonia, Castilla – La Mancha, Castile and Leon), France (except for the Ile de France region), and Poland (except for travelers flying from Katowice Airport).
- July 15 – Open to visitors from all countries.
- June 1 – Open to visitors from 131 countries with low infection rates. This does not include the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Italy, Spain, France, Russia, or Brazil.
- June 2 – Open to French tourists within a four- to five-hour driving radius from Monaco. May become open to tourists from Germany, Italy, and the United Kingdom in July. There are no plans to welcome non-European tourists during the summer.
- June 11 – Open to the majority of international air, land, and sea borders. The border with Iran and the border with Syria remain closed.
At Marine Diesel Specialists, we specialize in maintaining, repairing, and rebuilding diesel engines on yachts. By following COVID-19 safety guidelines, our diesel specialists can work in marinas and shipyards.
In addition to MAN engine maintenance and general services, our certified marine diesel mechanics in Fort Lauderdale and Punta Gorda can complete any major marine diesel engine rebuild or overhaul project your vessel needs.
Just contact us today to schedule a consultation.
- Fort Lauderdale: 954-467-9010
- Punta Gorda: 941-505-2400
- Fort Lauderdale: Marinediesel95@aol.com
- Punta Gorda: Gulfcoast05@aol.com
Our Marine Diesel Specialists offer a variety of products and services to provide marine diesel solutions in Fort Lauderdale and Punta Gorda. Our authorized MAN Engine dealers can offer expert maintenance, repair, and survey services, as well as complete engine, transmission, and generator overhauls. If you are seeking top-quality marine diesel solutions, products, or services, don’t wait to contact our Marine Diesel Specialists and Gulf Coast Diesel Service.